MyHownd Frequently Asked Questions
MyHownd helps you save money while supporting local merchants!
MyHownd is a mobile app that gives you access to local savings on entertainment, health, wellness, beauty, dining, and more with enticing “Buy Now” and coupon promotions. Securely purchase and claim nearby deals with just a few steps. Your promos will be conveniently stored in a wallet for you to redeem with ease. Our geo-location system will let you know about other deals in your community, and when your promos are ready to be used!
If you’ve signed up but still haven’t received your confirmation email to log into your MyHownd account, we suggest the following:
- Make sure that you’ve signed up with the correct email address. If you accidentally signed up with the wrong email address, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your spam or junk folder for your confirmation email.
- Sometimes emails can be delayed, but if you haven’t received your confirmation email within 30 minutes we suggest requesting another confirmation email. You can do that from the screen below:
If you still haven’t received your confirmation email, please reach out via Chat or email@example.com.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your email corrected.
Be sure to share both your incorrect email and your correct email.
- Making sure you are signing into MyHownd using the same email you used to claim or purchase the promo
- Restarting the app.
- Restarting your device.
- Making sure you are using the most recent version of the MyHownd app.
- Making sure you are using your device’s most recent operating system.
- Go to the App Store
- Search for MyHownd
- Tap the Update button
- If you see an “Open” button instead of “Update” then you already have the most recent version of MyHownd!
- Go to Google Play Store
- Tap on the menu icon on the top left corner
- Go to “My apps & games”
- If MyHownd is listed in “Updates,” tap on button to update. If you do not see MyHownd listed, your app is up to date!
If you have shared information with merchants, you will also see promos:
- If you have been to a merchant and given them your name and email address, they will add you to their subscriber lists so that you receive their special offers.
- If you don’t know if you’re subscribed to a merchant and you’d like to be, you can reach out to them directly – many times by just visiting their website and sharing your information.
- Once you are subscribed to a merchant, you will see all of their new promos!
Is your favorite local merchant not on our platform?
If so, please let them know about MyHownd. You can also let us know about them and we’ll reach out!
Typically, if you have been to a merchant and given them your name and email address, they will add you to their subscriber lists so that you receive their special offers. If you don’t know if you’re subscribed to a merchant and you’d like to be, you can reach out to them directly.
MyHownd complies with all email and data privacy regulations in all regions in which we do business and We do not sell your information.
Every email from the Hownd platform includes an unsubscribe link. Please use this link to manage your subscription preferences with specific local merchants.
To manage your overall privacy settings on our platform, please visit http://privacy.myhownd.com
We work directly with thousands of local merchants to help them build relationships with nearby consumers: sometimes for the first-time and sometimes over many years.
The service fee is how we support our ongoing service for local merchants in your community.
Kids Skate Free (KSF)
Kids Skate Free is a program that offers free roller skating passes for children so that they can have fun while staying active.
It is sponsored by the Roller Skating Association International and managed on the Hownd / MyHownd platform.
For families, the KSF program provides an easy and inexpensive way to get out and enjoy healthy physical activity in a safe and controlled environment.
- First, go to www.kidsskatefree.com and search for a participating rink near you.
- Click on the link and enter your information into the form.
- Download MyHownd to access your passes.
- Make sure you sign into MyHownd using the same email you used to sign up for Kids Skate Free
You can access your KSF passes by downloading the MyHownd app and creating an account.
- Sign up for MyHownd using the email address that you used to register for Kids Skate Free.
- You will see the Kids Skate Free passes within your My Promos section and your Wallet within 30 minutes of signing up for KSF and MyHownd with the same email address.
- You will receive 2 Kids Skate Free passes per eligible child, per week.
- Kids Skate Free passes are only valid for one week.
- Passes will automatically expire and be replaced with two new valid passes for the week every Monday.
Please Note: Be sure to use the same email address that you used to sign up for Kids Skate Free and MyHownd so that the passes appear in your Myhownd wallet, if you use a different email address you will have to create a new MyHownd account in order to access the passes under that email.
You will receive your passes within 30 minutes of signing up on the KidsSkateFree.com website.
Don’t see them? Make sure you sign into MyHownd using the same email you used to register for Kids Skate Free.
- Make sure you are using the same email address that you used to register for Kids Skate Free.
- Double check that you are on the most recent version of MyHownd.
- If you still do not see your passes, contact us through the chatbox on the bottom right of this page.
- You will be able to use your Kids Skate Free promotions through your MyHownd wallet.
- Every week you will have 2 new passes per eligible child. When you arrive at your skate center, open your MyHownd app, activate the promo, and mark it as redeemed while at the front desk.
- After you redeem it, it will show up in your redeemed promos.
- If your mobile phone doesn’t support the MyHownd app, ask the participating rink to look up your name, and/or email address used to signup for KSF so that they can redeem your passes manually.
To add a child:
- Go to KidsSkateFree.com
- Select your local skate center
- Add ALL of your children in the form (including the new child)
Passes for your new child should appear immediately.
To fix this problem:
- Visit kidsskatefree.com
- Select your local skate center
- Sign up again – making sure to enter ALL of your children (not just the one with the typo)
Your corrected passes will appear within 30 minutes in MyHownd
Please be aware that some skating centers are not currently accepting KSF passes due to Covid-related closures or limitations. You can check this on the skating center’s page on the Kids Skate Free website.
Once the skating center starts accepting KSF passes, they will automatically appear in MyHownd.
If this is not your situation, please let us know and we can help – just contact us via email at email@example.com or use the MyHownd Livechat agent on this page.
- Do you have location service turned on for the MyHownd app?
- Does your email for KSF match what you used to download the MyHownd app?
- Do you have the most recent version of the MyHownd app?
- Do you have good cellular/internet access?
- Did you recently sign up for KSF? If so, please log out and log back into the MyHownd app. Also, the system resets and new passes should be visible next Monday morning. That’s also when merchants can look up your passes so that you can redeem without the MyHownd app.
- If this is not your situation, please let us know and we can help – just contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the MyHownd Livechat agent on this page.
Remember: If all else fails, you can also just give your name and email address at the rink and they can manually look up and redeem your KSF passes.
Activating and Redeeming Promos
- MyHownd is your Promo dashboard.
- At the top of MyHownd, you will see a carousel slider. This slider displays a list of Promos from merchants that you are currently subscribed to.
- Below that slider, you can view My Available Promos, and below that, My Redeemed Promos.
- Your Wallet is where you can find both, your Available Promos, and your Redeemed Promos.
- Available Promos are Promos that you have claimed or purchased and are ready to be activated once you are at the Merchant’s physical location.
- Redeemed Promos are Promos that you have already activated and used. If you have not exceeded the maximum amount of claims/purchases, you may purchase a Redeemed Promo, again.
- Your Available Promos and your Redeemed Promos are also available at the bottom of your MyHownd page.
The email used to purchase a Buy Now (or claim a Coupon) must be the same email that was used to create your MyHownd account. If you make a purchase using a different email, that Promo will not show up in your Wallet.
- Once you Claim a coupon or Buy a Promo, it will be sent to the My Promos section of MyHownd.
- My Promos can be viewed on either the MyHownd main screen or in your Wallet. The next time you are at the appropriate business, you should receive a notification about your available Promos and gain the ability to activate and use those Promos.
- Once you’ve used a Promo, it will move to Redeemed Promos. In Redeemed Promos, you’ll be able to see all of the previous Promos that you have used.
How to Activate:
- You must be at the business location to Activate your Promo.
- To Activate a Promo, navigate to your Wallet and select the Promo that you want to use.
- At the bottom of the Promo, select Show Code. (You must be at the business location to Activate your Promo)
Note: The last image is what you will see if you are not at the business.
How to Reedeem:
Once you’ve activated a Promo, you can then Redeem the promo in MyHownd. Just confirm the redemption and then show the animated Redemption screen to the merchant.
Alternatively, you can show the barcode/confirmation code to the merchant. They will scan or enter your code to redeem it.
However, if you don’t have MyHownd, you can:
- Show your confirmation email to the merchant so they can mark your promo as redeemed in the Hownd Merchant Redemption Portal
- Give the merchant your name or email and they can look you up in the Hownd Merchant Redemption Portal
It’s not required, but you can print your confirmation email just like any other email.
You can then share this confirmation email at the merchant’s location. In many cases, the merchant can then look up and redeem the promo based upon the printed email.
NOTE: You cannot print KSF passes. Please use your MyHownd app or share your information with the skating center so they can look up and redeem your passes.
Please check your email for these promotions. Once you claim or purchase this, you will see the promotion in your MyHownd wallet.
- Once you’ve found a Promo you’d like to claim, select Claim Now.
- The Promo will now appear in the My Available Promos section in both MyHownd and Wallet.
- Once you’ve found a Promo that you’d like to purchase, select Buy Now. (You must be at the business location to activate this promo.)
- Under Purchase, you’ll be able to choose the quantity that you’d like to purchase and view the Total amount of the purchase.
- Below the Total, you’ll be able to enter your card information.
- When you’re finished entering your card information, select Complete Purchase.
- The Promo will now appear in the My Available Promos section in both MyHownd and Wallet.
- To re-purchase a promo, Navigate to your Wallet, find the Promo you wish to re-purchase, and click it. If you have not exceeded the max amount of purchases per person, follow the steps above to purchase again.
- In order to see new promos from a merchant, you must be subscribed to that merchant.
- If you’re subscribed to a merchant, you will see promos populate in the top carousel of your MyHownd app.
- If you have been to a merchant and given them your name and email address, they will add you to their subscriber lists so that you receive their special offers. If you don’t know if you’re subscribed to a merchant and you’d like to be, you can reach out to them directly.
All refunds are handled by the business you purchased from. If they decide to issue you a refund and need help processing it, please have them reach out to our support team for assistance.
If that doesn’t work, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com with:
- Your name
- Email used for your purchase
- Merchant name
- Date of purchase
- Purchase amount
- Reason for refund
We will then reach out to the merchant on your behalf to try to get things resolved.
The MyHownd mobile app provides and easy way for you to manage and redeem promos from all of your favorite merchants.
However, MyHownd is not required. To redeem a promo, you can also:
- Share your confirmation email with the merchant – they can then mark your purchase as redeemed in the Hownd Merchant Redemption Portal
- Ask the merchant to look up your purchase and redeem it in the Hownd Merchant Redemption Portal
If the merchant has any questions, they can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t see a confirmation email, please check your Junk or Spam folder.
However, the good news is that you do not need a confirmation email in order to redeem a promo.
You can also:
- Use MyHownd – just sign up using the same email you used to purchase or claim your promo – It will be ready and waiting for you!
- Ask the merchant to look up and redeem your purchase in the Hownd Merchant Redemption Portal
If merchant has any questions, they can contact us at email@example.com
From the Login screen, click Forgot Password?
Enter your Email. Then, click Reset Password.
You should receive a popup letting you know that we have sent you an Email with a link to reset your Password.
Open the Email and click the link to reset your Password.
Enter your New Password, confirm it, then click Reset Password.
Note: If you did not request a Password reset, ignore this email.
To change your Email, navigate to your Profile.
Under Account, click Change Email.
Enter your New Email Address and confirm it in the box below then click Update.
This will send a confirmation Email to your new Email Address.
Once confirmed, we’ll update your Email in our system.
To change your Password, click Change Password.
Enter your Old Password, then enter your New Password, confirm it in the box below, and click Update.
This will send you an Email letting you know that your Password has been updated. (If you did not change your Password, reply to this Email.)
If you have Android, you can choose to whether or not you receive notifications by toggling the switch on/off.
If you have Apple, clicking Change Settings will take you to your iPhone settings. From there, you can toggle Push Notification settings on/off.
MyHownd+ is a new paid membership option within the MyHownd mobile app that features more than 500,000 promos from thousands of merchants in the USA and Canada.
Start with a free trial to unlock valuable coupons from nearby merchants across a wide range of categories: Dining, Things to Do, Health and Beauty, and more…
All it takes is a single coupon to more than justify the monthly subscription.
Start your free trial today – it’s risk free and you can cancel at any time.
Making a purchase or claiming a promo on the Hownd platform does NOT automatically enroll you in the extra MyHownd+ program.
To enroll in MyHownd+, you must go through specific signup steps in the MyHownd mobile app.
You can check things out with a Free Trial and can cancel at any time.
To cancel your MyHownd+ membership, just go to the Profile section of MyHownd and select the option to cancel your membership.
If you do not see a “Cancel Membership” option, it means you are not a member.
Once you have cancelled, you will no longer be charged and your special benefits will expire at your next renewal date.
Need more help?
For 24/7 support, click the chat icon to connect with the MyHownd Livechat team now!
Otherwise, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond during our normal business hours.
We are available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm (Arizona – MST).